Award winning product for parents who have to fly with a child in their lap. Vest protects against the dangers of turbulence by securing child to parent's lap belt during flight. Soft quilted 100% cotton shell is comfortable for baby to wear and allows feeding and comforting too! Relax during flight knowing baby is secure in your lap with your hands free. Tested to be as strong as your seatbelt and is machine washable.
Baby B'Air is worn by the infant like a vest. It is placed over the child's head, and secured by adjustable straps on both sides under the baby's arms. The third strap comes from behind, between the baby's legs, and buckles to the front with another adjustable strap. The excess straps Velcro neatly to the vest so that there are no loose straps. The Baby B'Air can be worn as any other garment would since it is constructed of 100% cotton and comfortable to wear. After take-off, the parent feeds their seat belt through the loop on the back of the Baby B'Air, refastens the seat belt and tightens the seat belt. Your infant can now be held, fed and even changed while both parent and child remain securely fastened in their seat. The parent can read, eat or even nap knowing their baby cannot fall or pull from their loving arms.
- Small: Infant/Newborn - has a neck opening of 16". Fits most children up to 6 months. Neck opening is not adjustable. SMALL fits child up to 40 lbs with head measuring less than 16 inches around.
- Large: Toddler - Has a neck opening of 19". Fits most children from 6 months to 2 years. Neck opening is not adjustable. LARGE fits child up to 40 lbs with head measuring from 16 to 20 inches around.
Note: Neck opening is not adjustable. Choose smallest size that child's head fits through neck opening without body slipping through. Sizes fit child up to 40 lbs. The FAA requires children over 2 to have their own seat.
Commonly Asked Questions:
- Shoulder or harness carriers and other such devices could place the child in the parent’s crush zone, injure the parent’s back or cause injury to the child. The Baby B’Air Flight Vest® was designed specifically to address these concerns, allowing the child to travel out of the parent’s crush zone while attached to the lap belt, not the parent’s body. The Baby B’Air® is the ONLY device to address these safety concerns found in aircraft.
- Why does the FAA not approve Baby B'Air® for takeoff, taxi, and landing? The FAA changed the existing regulations in early 1996, banning devices other than approved car seats during takeoff, taxi and landing. This FAA rule change DOES NOT prohibit the use of the Baby B'Air® during the cruise portions of the flight. The FAA banned these types of devices during take-off, taxi and landing because they could cause more harm than good (for more information see the next question in bold below.) Since the vest has been designed to address the specific safety concerns of aircraft, Baby B'Air® is working to win an exception for our new product so that it may be used during the entire flight. Until that rule is changed, the vest cannot be used during takeoff, taxi and landing in the U.S. The applicable FAA regulation, known as a CFR, is clearly marked on the back of each vest for the benefit of the parent and flight personnel. These regulations may also be found in the card that came with the vest. It is a good idea to keep this card handy when you use the vest on any airline.
- Is the Baby B'Air a replacement for an approved car seat used in aircraft? The Baby B'Air is not a car seat and cannot be used during takeoff, taxi, and landing. The Baby B'Air provides protection during flight when the majority (over 90%) of injuries occur and your child is most vulnerable.
- Can I use the Baby B'Air in my car? NO! The Baby B'Air was designed ONLY for use during air travel to prevent injuries due to severe turbulence and should NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BE USED IN AN AUTOMOBILE.