The WizCom SuperPen Professional is the latest productivity tool. This completely mobile device instantly provides users with the English definitions of over a quarter of a million words. SuperPen Professional comes complete with a selection of dictionaries from the prestigious Houghton Mifflin Collection including:
- The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language
- The American Heritage® Stedman’s Medical Dictionary
- Roget’s II: The New Thesaurus
- The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary
- The Houghton Mifflin Dictionary of Geography
- The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms
- Dictionary of Computer and Internet Words
- The American Heritage® Abbreviations Dictionary
- Wall Street Words - Financial and Economical Terms
SuperPen Professional can also scan, store and transfer printed data to a PDA, PC or any Windows application making it the perfect tool for busy executive and college student alike.
Scan and Define: SuperPen Professional enables users to scan professional terms and receive instantaneous definitions from one or a number of the on-board professional dictionaries. Integrated Text-to-Speech technology enables users to pronounce new words with confidence.
Scan, Store and Transfer: This function enables users, on the go, to capture essential printed data (text and small images) anytime, anywhere. The product can store over 1,000 pages of printed text, to be transferred to PC or PDA via Infra-red, serial (provided) or USB (optional) connection at leisure. Users working with their computer can scan printed text directly to the active cursor point. Collected data can be transferred to any Windows based application seamlessly.
Features and Specifications:
- Voice: The product's built-in Text-to-Speech technology provides immediate word-by-word pronunciation of a scanned English word or full line of text.
- Size: ergonomic 6 inches x 1 ½ x 1, lightweight three ounces.
- Captures up to 1,000 pages of printed text.
- Built in Text-to-Speech technology pronounces scanned English words aloud.
- Recognizes 6-22 point font size text (bold, italic, underlined, inverted). Alternative input tools are included for entering words that you can't scan (e.g., street signs).
- Transfer data easily using Infra-red (IRDA) or USB.
- Optical character recognition at 97% (based on standard font and size average). Preference setting for numerical and inverted text recognition level.
System Requirements for Desktop Application:
- Win 98/NT/2000/ME/XP.
- CD-ROM Drive (for installing Desktop Application).
- Available Infra-red (IRDA) or USB port.