The Sun-Pure Ultraviolet Air Purifier embodies unique purification technologies not found in any other air purifiers. A four stage filtration system removes particles as small as .1 microns (1/10th the size of bacteria) - combined with 2 layers of gas absorption media to remove toxic fumes and odors. An ultraviolet photo oxidation chamber kills bacteria and viruses too small to be removed by even the finest filters. Ultraviolet light creates residual activated oxygen and negative ions, keeping the air clean and fresh in exactly the same way sunlight and oxygen cleans the air we breathe in the outdoor environment. Advanced computerized electronic controls monitor air quality. Infrared motion detectors automatically reduce power consumption when there is no movement or dust making activity in the home. Built in electronic monitors keep track of air flow and volume as well as filter and ultraviolet lamp replacement time. A sleep mode reduces the sound level at night while still purifying room air at 70 percent of normal capacity. Manufactured of high impact ABS plastic, The Sun-Pure has been designed for simple replacement of filters and UV lamp. Special sleep setting is quiet enough for even light sleepers.
The Sun-Pure Ultraviolet Air Purifier has a Six Step Air Purification System:
- Step 1: Cleans the Air of Macro Particles - A treated (5) micron
pre-filter removes all particles from the air larger than (5) microns,
extending the life of the Hepa filter and protects the gas absorbing media
from dust coating and fouling.
- Step 2: Removes Toxic Chemicals and Gases - A specially
formulated gas absorption media removes exhaust fumes, organic
hydrocarbons, pesticides, formaldehyde from particle board used in home
construction, paint solvents, chlorine, cleaning chemicals and other toxic
- Step 3: Eliminates Household Odors - Activated coconut carbon
pleated for maximum surface area removes unpleasant odors from the air
caused by cooking, heating and air-conditioning systems, pets and nearby
industrial processing plants. Activated carbon also rids the air of
irritating low level ozone..
- Step 4: Hospital Grade HEPA Filter Removes Allergens - Hepa
filters remove allergens so small that they can only be seen with a
microscope. Pollen, mold, fungal spores, dust mites, cockroach dust,
tobacco smoke and bacteria are but a few examples.
- Step 5: Ultraviolet Light Kills Disease Germs on Contact -
Ultraviolet light 10,000 times the intensity of sunlight kills viruses and
bacteria on contact. Ultraviolet technology is an important feature in air
purification since germs are easily spread from one person to another by
central heating and air-conditioning systems.
- Step 6: Negative Ions Improve Sleep and Keep Air Fresh -
Ultraviolet light accelerates the natural purification properties of
ordinary oxygen and creates small amounts of negative ions the same way as
sunlight and oxygen in the outdoor environment keep air clean and free
from disease germs. Negative ions are believed to help induce sleep.
- Air Inlet Grill with Safety Lock
- 5 Micron Prefilter
- Two Gas Absorption Layers
- Hospital Grade Filter
- High Efficiency, Low Noise, Reversed Curved, Motorized Impeller with
Sealed Ball Bearings
- High Impact ABS Plastic
- High Output Germicidal U.V. Lamp for Germ-Free Air
- Dimensions: 24" x 22" x 10"
- Weight: 28 lbs.
- Maximum air flow: 265 CFM
- 2 Year Limited Warranty on all components excluding light and filters. Each UV lamp lasts 1 year and the filter set lasts two years.