The Sun-Pure Ultraviolet Air Purifier embodies unique purification technologies not found in any other air purifiers. A four stage filtration system removes particles as small as .1 microns (1/10th the size of bacteria) - combined with 2 layers of gas absorption media to remove toxic fumes and odors. An ultraviolet photo oxidation chamber kills bacteria and viruses too small to be removed by even the finest filters. Ultraviolet light creates residual activated oxygen and negative ions, keeping the air clean and fresh in exactly the same way sunlight and oxygen cleans the air we breathe in the outdoor environment. Advanced computerized electronic controls monitor air quality. Infrared motion detectors automatically reduce power consumption when there is no movement or dust making activity in the home. Built in electronic monitors keep track of air flow and volume as well as filter and ultraviolet lamp replacement time. A sleep mode reduces the sound level at night while still purifying room air at 70 percent of normal capacity. Manufactured of high impact ABS plastic, The Sun-Pure has been designed for simple replacement of filters and UV lamp. Special sleep setting is quiet enough for even light sleepers.
The Sun-Pure Ultraviolet Air Purifier has a Six Step Air Purification System:
- Removes Macro Particles - Treated micron prefilter removes all particles from the air larger than 5 microns, extending the life of the HEPA filter and protecting the gas absorbing media from dust and fouling.
- Removes Toxic Chemicals and Gases - Gas absorption media removes exhaust fumes, organic hydrocarbons, pesticides and formaldehyde from particle board, paint solvents, chlorine, cleaning chemicals and other toxic fumes.
- Eliminates Household Odors - Activated coconut carbon pleated for maximum surface area, removes unpleasant odors from the air caused by cooking, heating and AC systems, pets and nearby industrial plants.
- Hospital Grade HEPA Filter Removes Allergens - HEPA filters remove allergens so small that can only be seen with a microscope. Pollen, mold, fungal spores, dust mites, cockroach dust, tobacco smoke and bacteria are but a few examples.
- Ultraviolet Light Kills Disease Germs on Contact - Ultraviolet light 10,000 times the intensity of sun light kills viruses and bacteria on contact. Ultraviolet technology is an important feature in air purification since germs are easily spread from one person to another by central heating and air conditioning system.
- Negative Ions Improve Sleep and Keep Air Fresh - Oxygen in the air reacts with ultraviolet light to produce small amounts of negative ions and activated oxygen. Negative ions and activated oxygen help keep the air clean and fresh.
Dimensions: 21.5"x18"x8", Weighs 23 pounds. Maximum air flow 265 CFM. 2 Year Limited Warranty on all components excluding light and filters. Each UV lamp lasts 1 year and the filter set lasts two years.