The Austin Air HealthMate Jr. Plus Air Purifier is a newer version of the Austin Air HealthMate Jr. HM200. The difference between this unit and the HM 200 is the absorption media has potassium iodide added to the activated carbon-zeolite.
The six pounds of media allows the Austin Air HealthMate Jr. Plus Air Purifier to help individuals who suffer from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, allergens, and asthma. This unit is great for a baby's room or small areas in your home. It is great for areas to 700 sq feet and it is perfect for the bedroom or kitchen. Carbon-Zeolite mix and potassium iodide enable the HealthMate Jr. Plus to remove toxic organic chemicals. It is highly recommended in smaller rooms for individuals who are extremely sensitive to chemicals.
The Austin Air HealthMate Jr. Plus Air Purifier's dimensions are: 16.5"x11".11", and it weighs 18 pounds. It has a perforated steel intake housing and a 360° intake, allows for air flow output from upper deck, directed one side, has a bottom plate easily removed for filter access, has a baked-on powder coat finish, a fan and motor assembly, a centrifugal fan, a 3-speed control switch, 120 volts and an 80 watt power consumption, a high efficiency motor and long life duty, and has been approved by CSA, UL, and CE.
The warranty for all parts and labor is 5 years, and the filter guarantee is also pro-rated for five years as well. Note that when set at 200cfm, which is the high setting, it can clean a room with an area of 700 square feet.
This impressive unit can make year-round allergy sufferers more comfortable, help those who have asthma, and assist families with pets and other environmental odors and toxins to keep their home free of dust, pollen, and other airborne allergens. The Austin Air HealthMate Jr. Plus Air Purifier can be utilized in any room in your home and effectively alleviate future problems caused by indoor and outdoor substances.
- Height: 16.5"; Width: 11" x 11"; Weight 18 lbs.
- Perforated steel intake housing (filter deck); 360° intake
- Air flow output from upper deck, directed one side
- Bottom plate easily removed for filter access
- Baked-on powder coat finish
- Fan and Motor Assembly
- Centrifugal fan
- 3 Speed control switch
- Power rating: 1 amp, 120 volts
- 80 Watt power consumption at highest setting
- Motor type: High efficiency shaded pole motor rated for continuous high RPM , long life duty
- Motor mounted on shock absorbers
- CSA, UL and CE approved
HEPA and carbon/zeolite unit
- 9.5" diameter 11.25" height
- 30 sq. ft. true HEPA medical filter medium
- 6.5 lbs mixture of solid activated carbon (impregnated with potassium iodide)/zeolite
- Meets HEPA standards, trapping 99.97% of all particulates larger than 0.3 microns
- Foam sealing gaskets top and bottom
- Total weight 8 lbs
- Traps large dust particles
- Designed to be vacuumed from outside and eliminate costly 3 month filter changes
Fan Rating: 200cfm on high setting: cleans a room area of up to 700 ft.
Warranty: 5 years on all parts and labor
Filter Guarantee: 5 year pro-rated guarantee under normal residential use