Your thermostat controls about half of your energy bill - that's as much as
the refrigerator, lighting, TVs, stereos and computers combined. Problem is, a
lot of that energy is wasted heating and cooling an empty home.
Programmable thermostats were supposed to help, but they can be hard to program.
Many people never program them. So we made it simple -the Nest thermostat
- The Nest thermostat learns from you - your temperature adjustments, your
house, your patterns. Teach it well to stay comfortable at home and save
energy when you're away.
- Turn it up, turn it down. The Nest thermostat remembers what temperatures
keep you comfortable and creates a custom schedule for your home. As your
life and the seasons change, Nest automatically adapts.
- The Nest thermostat uses its activity sensors to sense when nobody's home
and turn itself to an energy-saving temperature. Auto-Away works in 90% of
homes, even if Nest is in a room you don't use much.
- Airwave cuts your AC costs while keeping you cool. It turns on
automatically when your home’s humidity allows.
- System Match automatically turns on specific energy-saving or comfort
features for you, depending on what heating or cooling system you have.
- The Nest Leaf appears when you turn the Nest thermostat to a temperature
that will save energy. It guides you in the right direction.
- See exactly when your system was on with Energy History, then get a
summary of your entire month's energy use with the Nest Energy Report. The
more you know, the more you can save.
The Nest thermostat is compatible with 95% of low voltage heating &
cooling systems, according to Nest’s online compatibility checker. That
includes gas, oil, electric, forced air, heat pump, and radiant.
- Heating: 1, 2 and 3 stages (W1, W2, W3 wires)
- Cooling: 1 and 2 stages (Y1, Y2)
- Heat pump: with auxiliary and emergency heat (O/B, AUX, E)
- Fan (G)
- Power (C, Rh, Rc)
- Humidifier or dehumidifier (HUM, DEHUM)*
- Dual fuel (heat pump and furnace)*
- Zone systems with or without dampers
- The Nest thermostat is designed to work without a common “C”wire.
However, adding a common C wire may be required in rare installations
- Wi-Fi required for remote control and software updates and Energy Reports
* Professional installation recommended.
Return Policy for this item