The Aton infant car seat Q stands for maximum safety and innovative
technologies, united under the iconic roof of the CYBEX PLATINUM family.
The interaction of a clever telescopic Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P.
System) and a height-adjustable headrest with an integrated harness guide
ensures the highest level of safety and comfort. In addition a new function
enabling the flattest possible lying angle between head, neck and chest reduces
the risk of breathing difficulties for premature babies and very small newborns.
A matching XXL fold-away sun canopy with UVP50+ perfectly protects against high
sun irridation and strong wind.
The new telescopic Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System) absorbs the
force of a side-impact collision in combination with the energy absorbing shell.
The telescopic Linear Side-impact Protection can be easily and individually
adjusted. The very first forces of an accident are transferred by the extended
side protector facing the door and are distributed to the car seat's shell. The
flexible material and structure of the infant car seat then absorbs the forces
of an impact and channels them away from the baby.
- Linear Side-Impact Protection (LSP): The LSP system has been upgraded from
the Aton 2 to telescope outwards; these pull-out protectors look like little
robotic arms, but they’re not toys! Pull out the LSP on the side of your
car seat that’s facing the door of the car, and the first forces of the
accident are transferred and distributed into the car seat’s shell, which
will absorb the forces and channel them away from your baby. The increase in
safety tested at 40%!
- Load leg: This simple feature in the base of the Cybex Aton Q infant car
seat is more common in Europe than in the US, but it’s incredibly
effective: it improves the Forward Rotation rating on the seat by at least
42%, and improves the head injury criterion (HIC) by 48%. In non-technical
language: improving rotation reduces the stress on your child’s neck and
head in the event of a collision, helping to distribute the force into the
back of the car seat instead.
- Height-adjustable headrest and harness: The new 8-position
height-adjustable headrest takes the harness with it, so you don’t have to
rethread the harness to adjust it, taking the effort out of making it fit
your child perfectly! The harness also has extra-wide Y-harness straps with
a soft belt and crotch pads, for comfort.
- No rethread 5pt harness.
- Triple side impact protection - consisting of…Telescoping Linear Side
Impact Protection (LSP), Flexible shell lined head to toe with EPS foam,
internal adjustable EPS lined Head Rest. Provides superior side impact
safety over all previous Aton models.
- European installation belt routing paths come standard on all Aton models.
With this you can achieve a great lap/shoulder belt installation without
using a base. This method is quick and very easy. Great for safe travel
without the base.
- Expanded designer canopy with 50 SPF sun protection. This canopy has
fashion and function throughout. Made from breathable and color matching
fabric and color coordinated shield…the canopy can be folded back
disappearing from view.
- Silver accents give the Aton Q an exclusive designer look.
- Stroller compatibility is great with the Aton Q as it is compatible with
most Maxi Cosi adaptors.
- Multi position ergonomic handle.
- Enhanced stroller release buttons have been included on this model.
- Using a Load Leg in the center seat is challenging in vehicles with a hump
in the floor. Thanks to a new Load Leg, the Aton Q Base accommodates for
this hump, allowing installation in the coveted center seat.
color coordinated canopy fully extends over baby.
- Suitable for children weighing 4-35 pounds.
Return Policy for this item
Model: 12-4020002Storm Cloud