In keeping with the American Academy of Pediatrics advice to keep toddlers in
Rear-Facing car seats until age 2 (or until they reach the maximum height and
weight for their seat), we sought out to design a child seat that reduces the
forces on older children in car seats when they transition forward-facing.
The REACT™ Safety System integrated into every Foonf child seat protects
your child much like the crumple zones in the cars we drive — one of the most
effective innovations in automotive safety.
In a collision, the vehicle comes to an abrupt stop, but the child continues
to move at the same speed. The less time that it takes for the child to come to
a complete stop, the higher the forces exerted on the child. The REACT Safety
System allows that sudden change in momentum to happen over a longer period of
time through a series of controlled events. Foonf is designed to ride down the
collision crumpling the aluminum honeycomb and absorbing energy from the
collision resulting in less force transferred to the child. See how Foonf
- Extended Rear-Facing Installation - Foonf was designed to international
best practices for extended rear-facing use, which is to accommodate
children in a rear-facing installation until their 4th birthday.
- Structural Headrest with Deep Side Wings - Energy-absorbing foam-lined
Headrest connected to frame using steel rods provides maximum head
protection in a side-impact collision.
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Layers - Foam layers on both the inside and outside
of the frame protect your child by absorbing energy in a side-impact
collision, resulting in less force directly upon your child.
- Rigid Sub-Structure - Foonf is reinforced by a steel and magnesium
- Anti-Rebound Bar - In Rear-Facing mode, Foonf’s Anti-Rebound bar
improves stability by limiting rotation of the child seat, helping protect
your child’s head from impact in the case of a collision.
- Rigid-LATCH Forward-Facing Installation - Over 80% of child seats in North
America are not used properly. Hands down the easiest Forward-Facing
installation in its class, Foonf’s Rigid-LATCH system makes proper
Forward-Facing installation effortless.
- Improved Rear-Facing Installation - Unique design improves Rear-Facing
installation with an easy-access belt path, small footprint and Anti-Rebound
Bar that provide a snug installation with ease.
- Smooth Recline - Foonf includes an easy-to-engage, smooth recline
function, making each ride more comfortable.
- Foonf boasts a narrow width — under 17 in. (43 cm) at its widest point
and 13 in. (33 cm) at the base - making 3-across seating possible.
- GREENGUARD Select Certified - Crypton® Super Fabrics are GREENGUARD
Select Certified and provide permanent protection against stains, moisture
and odor-causing bacteria.
- Approved for use in Aircraft
Updates for 2014:
- Easier anti-rebound bar installation
- Extendable crotch strap (makes it about 1.5" longer than 2013)
- Metal structural bars coated black
- Updated manual
- Seating Depth 12.5 in. (32 cm)
- Seating Height 21.5–26 in. (54.5-66 cm)
- Harness-Slot Height 10–17 in. (25.4-43.2 cm)
- Width 13-17 in. (33-43 cm)
- Fore-Aft Measurement in Rear-Facing 33 in. (84 cm)
- Height Measurement in Rear-Facing 25.75–28.5 in. (65-72 cm)
- Seat Weight in Forward-Facing 32 lb (14.5 kg)
- Seat Weight in Rear-Facing 36 lb (16.3 kg)
||25 - 43"
||14 - 50 lbs.
||Able to sit upright alone
||30 - 49"
||20 - 65 lbs.
||1 year (2+ years recommended*)
*AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) advises parents to keep their toddlers
in Rear-Facing car seats until age 2, or until they reach the maximum height and
weight for their seat.
Return Policy for this item