All the convenience of a timer...for your light switch!
When it comes to oneg Shabbos and Yom Tov, there's nothing like having light
when you need it and the absence of light when you want the lights off. That's
why we created KosherLamp--it lets you adjust the light without breaking the
laws of Shabbos.
Now we're introducing the Shabbos Smart Switch, a device that will give you
additional control of your home's lighting.
Shabbos Smart Switch is a digital timer that controls your light switch. It's
built-in motor "flicks" the light switch up or down according to your
schedule. There are Nine Program slots (plus 1 Random Program Timer) that allow
you to tell Shabbos Smart Switch the Day(s) and Time(s) you want the light
switch turned on and off, any day of the week.
You're not limited to turning lights on or off. Some light switches also
control devices like ceiling fans while other switches may control the power to
electrical outlets. If a crock pot was plugged into one such outlet, it could be
turned off automatically to save electricity! (Consult with your local Rav for
uses such as this for Shabbos and Yom Tov.)
The best thing about Shabbos Smart Switch is that it is so easy to install
and requires no wiring. It mounts directly on top of an existing light switch
with just one screw and won't damage the wall.
- Set lights to come ON when you need them and OFF when you don't.
- Use it to turn on the Dining Room light before guests arrive Erev Shabbos
and turn off the lights when you think they will leave.
- Set a timer to turn on the ceiling fan on Shabbos afternoon if you think
it will be hot
- Set outside lights to turn on before you get home from work
- Turn different lights on and off and different time when you're away.
- Fits on Multi switch panels!
- 9 ON/OFF Programs
- 1 Random Night-time Program
- Glow in the Dark Buttons
- Temperature display
- Mounts directly over existing light switch
- Low battery indicator
- Sturdy plastic body
- No tools or wiring required
- 1 screwdriver
- 1 long screw
- 1 installation and programming manual
- Width: 5" (12.75cm)
- Height: 5 1/8" (13 cm)
- Depth: 1 1/16" (2.75 cm)
- Requires 2x AA Batteries