A portable hand-held scanning device and dictionary with an easy to use
touch-screen and icon-based menu. The InfoScan™TS Elite is ideal for scanning,
storing, defining, hearing and transferring printed text to a PC, PDA or
Smartphone. This completely mobile Pen can store up to 500 pages of text,
provide word definitions from the American Heritage® English Dictionary and
read stored text aloud.
The InfoScan™TS Elite is an ideal tool for students, researchers and
business people who need to scan data even when they are away from their
computers. It can also be used to scan text directly into any Windows-based
No more highlighting, taking notes by hand, or photocopying. With the
InfoScan™TS Elite you can scan and store up to 500 pages of text. Use it just
like a yellow highlighter.
Easily get a definition. With the InfoScan™TS Elite you can scan text and
select a word to view its definition. Enter words on the virtual keyboard and
get an instant definition. Take the InfoScan™TS Elite anywhere you go. This
small, portable, handheld device is designed to fit in your pocket.
- No more taking notes by hand or photocopying. With the InfoScanTMTS Elite
you can scan and store up to 500 pages of text at a time.
- No more time wasted looking up words in a paper dictionary. Scan and store
data into the InfoScanTMTS Elite and select individual words from within the
scanned text to view their definitions from the installed dictionary.
- Navigate easily with the icon-based menus and use the virtual keyboard to
edit scanned text or to add words manually.
- Transfer data easily using USB connectivity or Infra-red (IrDA) .
- Take the InfoScanTMTS Elite anywhere you go. This small, portable,
handheld device is designed to fit in your pocket.
- Store and transfer to a PC or PDA , multiple files of text, up to a total
of 500 pages.
- Scan directly into any Windows based application.
- Supported scanning languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Includes the American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language.
Defines English scanned words in the notes application.
- Recognition of a wide range of printed font types and sizes (6-22 points
– up to 8mm), including inverted text on contrasting backgrounds (except
red on white, white on red, blue on black and black on blue).
- Recognition and automatic merge of hyphenated text.
- High resolution touch-screen with up to 5 lines of text.
- Virtual keyboard, for manual insertion (using a stylus) of words or text
- USB or IR connectivity enabling transfer of data to PC, Palm/PDA or Smart
- Audio word pronunciation in English with Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology
using built-in speaker or earphones.
- Easily adjustable for Right/left handed use.
- Auto shutoff to preserve battery life.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- CD-ROM drive
- Available USB port
- Pentium 500 MHz with minimum 256 MB RAM and 100 MB free disk space.
In the Box:
- InfoScan TS Elite Pen,
- USB cable
- User manual
- CD-ROM (desktop application, USB driver, and documentation)
- Trainer guide
- 2 x AAA batteries
- Hard carry case.