The Orbit Baby infant seat comes with a stay-in-car base. The base is easy to
install with the Strong Arm feature which tightens the seatbelt or LATCH for you
with just the turn of a knob. Orbit Baby infant seat can be turned to face the
side, the turned rear facing and locked onto the base. There is an indicator to
tell you if the seat is locked on or not, to help eliminate guess work. You can
also buy a stroller frame that the infant seat can lock onto as well. The infant
seat is for babies from 4-30 pounds and 19-32 inches tall. Orbit Baby uses
fabrics and foam that are safer for baby and better for the environment, if
limiting chemical exposure is important to you, this seat is well worth the
price. Orbit Baby infant seat is deep to cradle baby and offer additional side
The Orbit Baby Infant Car Seat and Car Seat Base G2 is so simple to install that it will only take you a matter of seconds. In fact, all it takes is the twist of a knob and the base is securely installed. Orbit’s patent-pending StrongArm™ technology allows you to adjust the seat by simply turning a knob, providing for safe and easy placement and removal. Orbit’s patent-pending SmartHub™ dock allows you to twist and lock the seat into the rear-facing position with the seat at almost any angle. To lock the seat itself in place, you simply rotate the seat on the base and it clicks in place. To uninstall, just pull up on the side latch and twist again.
To unlock, just pull the side lever and rotate again. It may seem simple, but the reinforced SmartHub™ dock is incredibly strong and secure.
The full EPP foam liner is designed for maximum shock absorption. The canopy also has an extended sun protection screen for those hot, sunny days. The soft carrier handle makes the transition from car seat to stroller easier on you as well.
The Orbit Carrier is certified for use without the base, say in an airplane or cab, by using the vehicles safety belts.
Orbit Baby Infant Car Seat G2:
- Docks at any angle on to the patent-pending SmartHub™ base
- Dock and rotate Infant Car Seat 360° on the Stroller Frame or Rocker (sold separately)
- Secure base installation in only 60 seconds by simply turning the StrongArm™ knob
- Full coverage sunshade and Paparazzi Shield™ extension
- Plush micro-fiber upholstery and removable infant insert pad
- Fabrics are easily removable for machine washing
- Meets or exceeds all ASTM safety standards
- Approved for use without the base and in airplanes, with seat belts
- Weight rating: Infant Car Seat G2 for children 4 - 30 lbs (1.8 - 13.6 kg), 19 - 32 in (48 - 81 cm)
- Infant Car Seat G2 dimensions: interior width: 8.5 - 12in; interior side depth: 12in; harness slot heights: 8in / 10in / 12in
- Weight: Infant Car Seat G2: 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
Orbit Baby Car Seat Base G2:
- StrongArm™ technology (patent-pending) makes a safe installation as easy and quick as the turn of a knob
- Complies with all FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards)
- Patent-pending SmartHub lets you easily dock the Infant Car Seat from almost any angle - no need to line up any grooves or notches
- SmartHub is bolstered with a resilient stainless steel safety ring
- Full metal chassis and aerospace-grade aluminum backbone give unparalleled strength
- LATCH equipped
- Car Seat Base G2 dimensions: length, from back to knob: 20.5 in (52 cm); width: 14in (35 cm)
Orbit Baby micro-fiber fabrics are Oeko-Tex® certified. Oeko-Tex® certification ensures that the materials used are some of the safest and least allergenic available. Oeko-Tex® is very thorough in the substances it addresses: over 100 compounds are restricted, ranging from harmful heavy metals like lead and arsenic, to many known allergy-inducing and irritating chemicals. Also restricted are substances such as pesticides, phthalates, dyes, and VOC emissions.
Return Policy for this item